Monday, August 25, 2008

Belated Thoughts On 'The Dark Knight'






While on vacation, I finally got to see the most talked about movie
of the year - The Dark Knight.

The world, critics and comic book fans all seem to be enamored and fixated with the Joker - one of the most disturbing characters to ever appear on screen.

However, I found Batman to be extremely compelling. As a matter of fact, I found many of his traits and characteristics similar to those that you and I possess.

Stay with me here - he is a man who's flawed and conflicted. At times, aren't we? Yet, he's a man of honor, great compassion, justice, extreme self-sacrifice (doing what's best for others, even when they don't understand or appreciate it) and great power.

These are all spiritual qualities that you and I inherit as children of God. Christ has in essence, equipped us to be spiritual superheroes.

So, those are my thoughts and musings on The Dark Knight. And with that my friends, the balcony is closed.